Thank you all for making this another great call!
- How to overcome scatter/overwhelm in optimizing your site
- Do a Site Audit, which will give you steps to take
- Choosing images for your site
- You must talk to the problem
- make sure your content taps into the pain
- then ask what this experience looks like
- Cross-advertising two different websites
- Ask if you must keep them separate
- Use a waiver if your services don’t cross over one to the other, if necessary, and put both services on one site
- If the services have to be split due to legal issues, don’t cross-promote
- What changes are there to Google and Google Ads that need to be taken into consideration
- Google changes algorithms often; if you site and pages are optimized correctly, there is no need to worry. Ignore any emails that request you spend money to keep up with the updates.
- Google Ads have had no changes thus far; our Google Ads specialist keeps us with these
- things and if it affects our clients we will let you know
- Where can we get inspiration for blogging?
- We have a segment in PPU
- In PPU, the Blogging Module in the Roadmap: STEP 1: What Should You Blog About?
- Doing Google Ads: What would account for a drop off in traffic?
- Could be the content isn’t written right
- Could just be market demand has changed
- Discussion of having a page titled Individual Counseling
- generally this will not convert to a lot of traffic; usually having more specific niche pages like anxiety, depression, ptsd, teen counseling will function better
- during this discussion, Becky said an individual counseling page can focus on the other people involve with the specific specialties … teen counseling, couples counseling
- Post-launch checklist; include these things (and we will work on getting something up in the resources section.
Blog monthly – fill out content hubs
Post blog post to social media; do FB ads if you want
1st of every month, look at Google Analytics; look at traffic and traffic sources; look at acquisition and compare to the month before; then go nurture the areas where you’re getting traffic
Add the discovery areas from #3
Check traffic from bots; block bot traffic
- Site audit: https://www.counselingwise.com/website-audit-for-therapists/
- Sample of site where she works with two different populations: https://www.shopaholicnomore.com/
- Checklist for post-launch tasks: in PPU, Go to Roadmap–>Module 7 Blogging–> STEP 1: What Should You Blog About?
- For assessing your Google Ads performance, use https://gtmetrix.com/
- Multilingual plugin: https://wpml.org/